The Next Level: Wyoming Area graduate Nick O’Brien a leader for Bucknell University football team
Pastor, church celebrate milestones in Pittston
Touch-A-Truck fundraiser at Wyoming Area Catholic School in Exeter a hit with youngsters
Wyoming Area inducts 4 to Ring of Pride, honors 1966 football team
Let’s paint it pink: Weeklong Paint Pittston Pink event starts Saturday, Oct. 1
- Taste of Greater Pittston held at Pittston Memorial Library on Sept. 25 - 10:58 am
- Traffic alert: Crash on I-81 north causing traffic congestion - 8:43 am
- Jenkins Township/Yatesville Borough Crime Watch Organization pasta dinner is Oct. 16 - 8:31 am
- AAA: Average gas prices didn’t budge overnight, are down slightly from last week - 7:40 am updated: 7:45 am.
- Rain, cooler temperatures expected for most of the weekend in the Wyoming Valley - 7:20 am
- Proposed organ donor legislation concerns Luzerne County Coroner - 7:14 pm
- Pastor, church celebrate milestones in Pittston - 2:53 pm
- National Honor Society at Old Forge High School announces class officers - 1:13 pm
- PA American Water: Opening of valves may cause temporary water discoloration, no new breaks - 12:41 pm updated: 1:46 pm.
- Luzerne County Council approves Hanover Township tax break - 11:56 am
- Sunday Dispatch hosts 2016 Best of Greater Pittston Readers’ Choice Awards at Cooper’s Cabana - 11:23 am
- Wyoming Area announces 2016 Homecoming Court - 11:04 am
- Wyoming Area Secondary Center holding college fair Oct. 12 - 10:26 am
- AAA: Average gas prices hold steady for second night in a row - 7:50 am
- Showers expected to soak the Wyoming Valley into the weekend - 7:32 am
- Recycling will be mandatory at Wyoming Area, thanks to student-founded LEAP organization - 8:31 pm
- Work on water main break in West Pittston expected to be finished Wednesday afternoon - 3:33 pm updated: 4:13 pm.
- Upper Valley Eye Bank meeting Oct. 6 in Wilkes-Barre - 3:11 pm
- Duryea American Legion Squadron 585 selling beer raffle tickets - 2:11 pm
- Motorcycle Poker Run to benefit veterans’ groups is Oct. 8 in Pittston Twp. - 2:10 pm
- Wyoming resident, Miss Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Rachel Leandri presents check to Scleroderma Foundation Tri-State Chapter - 2:05 pm
- Mold problem forces closure of WVW Middle School; students will use high school - 11:36 am updated: 7:24 pm.
- Duryea Sons of American Legion Squadron 585 Halloween party is Oct. 29 - 11:17 am
- Duryea Sons of American Legion Squadron 585 meeting Oct. 9 - 11:09 am
- Duryea American Legion Ladies Auxiliary tuna hoagie sale is Oct. 7 - 11:08 am
- Paper shredding event is Oct. 8 in Avoca - 10:58 am
- VFW Auxiliary Post 8335 in Avoca to meet Oct. 3, bingo discussion to be held - 10:16 am
- Temporary service disruption expected as crews repair broken water main in West Pittston - 8:29 am
- AAA: Average gas prices did not budge overnight - 8:18 am
- Rain expected to return to Wyoming Valley for latter part of the week - 7:15 am updated: 7:41 am.
- Montgomery Elementary School closed in West Pittston due to water main break - 11:17 pm
- Proposed Luzerne County tax break goes before county council - 8:27 pm
- Water main breaks in West Pittston causing road closure - 6:07 pm updated: 6:09 pm.
- State Representatives Mullery and Carroll named ‘Environmental Champions’ - 3:30 pm updated: 3:57 pm.
- Touch-A-Truck fundraiser at Wyoming Area Catholic School in Exeter a hit with youngsters - 8:41 am
- Cooler temperatures, rain possible in the Wyoming Valley into the midweek - 7:21 am
- Sunny days but cool evenings today and Monday in the Wyoming Valley - 10:05 am
- Luzerne County Council member interaction with workers and manager debated - 7:39 pm
- Police issue traffic advisory before and after Elton John concert - 4:53 pm
- Police hunt for gunman who killed 5 at Washington state mall - 9:34 am updated: 5:25 pm.
- Sunshine but cool days and nights throughout the weekend in the Wyoming Valley - 9:23 am
- Timeline: Don’t miss a single Paint Pittston Pink event - 8:15 pm
- Let’s paint it pink: Weeklong Paint Pittston Pink event starts Saturday, Oct. 1 - 8:13 pm
- Yard Sale being held Oct. 1 in Old Forge to benefit Tracey’s Hope Animal Rescue - 8:00 pm
- UPDATE: Arrests made in case of robbed good Samaritan - 7:17 pm
- Wyoming Area, Dallas volleyball coach charged with corruption of minors - 7:14 pm updated: 7:43 pm.
- Shamrocktoberfest held Sept. 22 in Pittston to support St. Patrick’s Parade - 7:08 pm
- West Pittston Library joins in ‘Pokemon Go’ craze with expedition event - 6:35 pm
- Pittston Area Primary Center begins school-wide positive behavior program - 3:08 pm
- Pittston Area Primary Center students learn about art - 2:50 pm
Luzerne County Council approves Hanover Township tax break
After obtaining one more concession, a Luzerne County Council majority supported a controversial second tax break for a 172-acre Hanover Township trac...
Sunday Dispatch hosts 2016 Best of Greater Pittston Readers’ Choice Awards at Cooper’s Cabana
PITTSTON — Winners of the 2016 Best of Greater Pittston Readers’ Choice Awards, sponsored by the Sunday Dispatch, flocked to Cooper’...
Wyoming Area announces 2016 Homecoming Court
The Wyoming Area 2016 Homecoming Court has been selected and there will be a pep rally to announce the queen at 1:30 p.m. Friday, Oct. 7. That evening...
Wyoming Area Secondary Center holding college fair Oct. 12
EXETER — The Wyoming Area Guidance Department will conduct a college fair from 6 to 8 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 12 in the high school cafeteria, 20 M...
AAA: Average gas prices hold steady for second night in a row
Average gas prices didn’t budge overnight, but the local average is down slightly from last week.AAA Mid-Atlantic provided the following data fo...
Showers expected to soak the Wyoming Valley into the weekend
Rain is expected to soak the Wyoming Valley into the weekend, and some of the showers could be heavy at times.According to a hazardous weather outlook...
H.S. Field Hockey: Lauren Parente, Grace Angelella help Wyoming Area push past Pittston Area
WEST PITTSTON — Ten minutes into the first half, Wyoming Area head coach Chris Comiskey wasn’t liking how his Warriors were playing agains...
Local Sports Roundup: Pittston Area surrenders four first-half goals in girls soccer loss to Valley West
HUGHESTOWN — Wyoming Valley West took advantage of just about every opportunity given in the first half.Unfortunately, for Pittston Area, it was...
Wyoming Area inducts 4 to Ring of Pride, honors 1966 football team
WEST PITTSTON — The Wyoming Area Football Alumni Association inducted four new members to the Ring of Pride at halftime of Friday night’s ...
WVC Football: Josh Goodwin shines in GAR’s 26-19 win over Pittston Area
WILKES-BARRE — Josh Goodwin ran for 134 yards and two touchdowns Friday night as GAR outlasted Pittston Area, 26-19, in a lengthy game between W...
H.S. Football: Wyoming Area’s second-half heroics come up short in showdown with Scranton Prep
WEST PITTSTON — Down seven with less than three minutes to play, Wyoming Area tight end Dante Deluca hauled in a 40-yard catch-and-run from quar...
Makayla Adams lifts Lake-Lehman into first place in Wyoming Valley Conference field hockey
KINGSTON — In a fierce battle for first place, Makayla Adams went into the circle looking for an open teammate.Instead, she found enough of an o...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
See who earned top honors in the ‘Local Flavor’ category in the Sunday Dispatch 2016 Best of Greater Pittston awards
PHOTOGRAPHERGolden Photo StudioBob Dellarte, owner of Golden Photo Studio on Wyoming Avenue in West Pittston has been chosen best photographer in Grea...
Check out the best of ‘Dining Out’ in the Sunday Dispatch 2016 Best of Greater Pittston awards
CHEFGene PhilbinPeculiar is an intriguing term to describe food, but add to that delicious, innovative, exciting and unique when speaking about the cu...
See who won in the ‘Goods and Services’ category in the Sunday Dispatch 2016 Best of Greater Pittston awards
BEER DISTRIBUTORPlaza BeverageBeer as far as the eye can see is what makes Plaza Beverage the best beer distributor in the Greater Pittston area for t...
Best professionals named in Sunday Dispatch 2016 Best of Greater Pittston awards
HEARING AID CENTERProfessional Hearing Aid ServiceThe Caprari family has operated the Professional Hearing Aid Service for nearly 50 years, and won it...
The Little Sisters of the Poor hosting dinner
The Little Sisters of the Poor will have their annual autumn roast beef dinner 12 to 4 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 16, in the auditorium of Holy Family Residenc...
Nutrition Corner: Make healthy treats for children’s birthday parties
The kids are back to school and birthday party invitations are beginning to appear. Even though our children are older now, they still like to celebra...
My Corner, Your Corner: It’s beginning to look a lot like autumn
There’s a change in the air.The days are getting shorter and the hot weather has become succumb to cooler, more comfortable temperatures. Humidi...
Peeking into the Past: Art Carney of ‘Honeymooners’ fame visited West Pittston in 1979
Question:Gravity served to move the Pennsylvania Coal Company train cars filled with coal to their valley destinations from mines located at higher el...
My Corner, Your Corner: Strolling memory lane with others who lived there
Just when I started losing faith with my high school graduating class, it all changed last weekend.When my dad organized his class reunions, he had a ...
Maria Remembers: Sending rubber bands to Mother Teresa of Calcutta
Reading and following Mother Teresa’s work from the 1960s with the “poorer than poor” people of her adopted homeland and then around...
My Corner, Your Corner: Lots of familiar faces live on the West Coast
Living in Northeastern Pennsylvania and, in particular, Greater Pittston, there’s a tendency for people not to see this area for what it really ...
My Corner, Your Corner: Greater Pittston is good at giving back
With the exception of a rainy Sunday, I’d say the 2016 Tomato Festival was pretty successful.The new multipurpose building named after this year...
Mohegan Sun Pocono casino’s new property assessment contested
The owner of the Mohegan Sun Pocono casino has filed an assessment appeal, arguing Luzerne County’s new $152.5 million tax assessment on the Pla...
Fallen corrections officer Kristopher Moules was ‘a coach, mentor, friend’ at MVP Sports Academy in Exeter
EXETER — Kristopher Moules had two passions in life — upholding the law and playing baseball.One place where he could often be found was t...
Kelly Services opens new location on Centerpoint Boulevard in Jenkins Township
JENKINS TWP. — After several relocations in Lackawanna County, Kelly Services has a new home.The business officially moved into its new facility...
Chiseled Fitness Studio in Pittston offers workouts for all ages, will hold free classes Aug. 1-6
PITTSTON — When Ashley Faraday was in college, she said she didn’t struggle with the “Freshman 15,” she struggled with the ...
Reruns Consignment Shop opens in Wyoming, offers clothing and more
WYOMING — Owning a business has become a tradition in Courtney Brenner’s family.Brenner, 39, recently opened Reruns Consignment Shop locat...
Dunkin’ Donuts of Northeastern Pennsylvania announces Iced Coffee Day on July 13 to benefit Saint Joseph’s Center
SCRANTON — Dunkin’ Donuts of Northeastern Pennsylvania announced Wednesday, July 13 will be the seventh annual Iced Coffee Day to support ...